What does my entry fee include?
- Special event Buff*
- Finishers medal - exclusive medal which fits with the medals from the other 2 races to form a 3-part 10K Trilogy medal!
- Post-event food from John West!
- Free party and 1 free drink at the Martello and entry into Koo nightclub
- Timing chips
- Fabulous views (well ok we can't take all the credit there!)
* Please note buffs are ordered 4 weeks in advance of the race. Entries after this may have to have buff posted out.
Will the event go ahead in light of the Corona Virus guidelines & restrictions?
The event will go ahead as planned and as well as the usual preparations for all our events we are also putting procedures in place for the Covid19 Virus.
We are following the HSE Guidelines.
Below are some ways we will changing the logistics of the race to deal with the situation.
1. Registration will now be by post. Your race numbers with timing chip will be posted to the address you used to register online
2. Wave sizes will be reduced to approx. 100 competitors at a time, setting off every 5 minutes. If you were starting in Wave 1 you will be allocated Wave 1 A or Wave 1 B for example.
3. Finish line will be restructured to ensure no congregation of people. We ask that you work with us on this for the good of all competitors.
4. We are asking competitors not to attend if any of the below factors apply to you
- You are feeling unwell
- You have recently travelled from any affected areas
5. Hand Sanitisers will be available at the start and finish of the race.
We will be informing competitors of any changes and we are looking forward to the 4th of April - See you then :)
Who should enter the Elite Wave?
If you are a competitive runner with your eye on a podium position you should sign up for Wave 1 / Elite.
*Note - Wave 1/Elite wave only considered for prize categories.
Guide Time: A sub 50 minute 10k trail run/40 minute 10k road run would be considered a competitive time.
Should you qualify as an elite runner and find that the wave has sold out please email us on email@example.com with proof of your 10k running time and we will do our best to accommodate you.
What are the locations for registration, the start line and the finish line?
- Registration takes place in the marquee on Bray Promenade
- The start line is at the south end of Greystones Beach
- The finish line is on Bray Promenade near the bandstand
Are there shower and changing facilities available?
There are no shower and changing facilities provided for the event, however we will have a room at the Martello Hotel where you can leave a chance of clothes at registration.
What facilities are at the finish line?
We will be providing the following at the finish line: homemade cake, water, fruit, tea & coffee. John West will be giving out complementary Natural Protein products to refuel after the race. Alongside this they will be offering competitor rub downs/massages to freshen up those legs!
Are there refreshments served at the finish line?
Post-event food supplied by John West will be served at the finish line from when the first competitor crosses the line until the last.
How do I get from Registration at Bray to the start line at Greystones beach?
You can organise a lift by car yourself to the start line or you can take the dart from Bray to Greystones as per the times listed in the Event Schedule.
Where are the best spectator points for the JOHN WEST GAELFORCE 10K BRAY CLIFF RUN?
You can watch the start of the race from here.
You can watch competitors come off the cliff path, as they run along Bray beach and at the finish line at the bandstand on Bray promenade.
What happens if I cancel my event entry?
All entry fees are non-refundable and non-transferable, this includes transfers to other years, events or people. Please do make sure that you can commit to both the event and the training before you enter one of our events.
Can I change my wave?
We cannot facilitate any wave changes after you have entered an event. Please be sure to sign up for your prefered wave when entering an event. If you preferred wave is not listed online, it is sold-out and we cannot add anyone to sold-out waves.